The Greatest Concert Ever

April 6th, 2011 tjcull14

Far East Movement

J Cole

This Monday, Holy Cross announced who our Spring Concert would feature. Students awoke to balloons, chalk drawings across the campus advertising the performers, along with many texts, tweets, and Facebook statuses indicating that our Spring Concert would feature both J Cole and Far East Movement…you know the guys who sing “Like a G6.”

I’m indifferent towards the concert. I think HC did a good job of getting some performers who are on the rise of their career, however I can’t say that I avidly listen to either one.

This got me thinking about who the greatest concert would feature…

The Group of Singers in “All of the Lights”: I’m sure most have you have heard this song overplayed on the radio, however it nevertheless is a solid song because of all the singers in it:

• Kanye West
  • Rihanna
  • Alicia Keys
  • Fergie
  • John Legend
  • The Dream
  • Charlie Wilson
  • Tony Williams
  • Kid Cudi
  • Ryan Leslie
  • Elly Jackson
  • Elton John–yes

Now I would pay alot of money to see all those people perform a concert. Whether or not the concert was awful because of all of the people (pun not intended), I would still love to see how they pulled it off.

Ludacris: I’ve always been a big Luda fan. Now that he is in the movie scene he’ll definitely be able to “put on a show.” Take note Holy Cross.

The People that Sang the Original “We are the World“: This song is great. Most have you might have seen the modern rendition done that helped raise money for the earthquake in Haiti, however, the old version is absolute fire (the throwback hairstyles help this video’s appeal for a concert). Bieber and the girl from the Pussycat Dolls’ presence in the new one takes a back seat to the old one. Also, Michael McDonald’s voice is velvet.

The “School of Rock” Band: This is one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. This movie was made for Jack Black. His “creative musical inspiration” towards his “students” is not only hilarious but entertaining. The band totally got jipped in the “Battle of the Bands” so hopefully Holy Cross can see the band’s incessant will to stick it to the man and bring them to HC next year.

Despite these hopes being far-fetched, a girl cough, cough, guy can dream. In the meantime I will be trying to update myself on songs by J Cole and The Far East Movement