Limbo Post

April 28th, 2011 tjcull14

The ambiguity of this picture hopefully shows why I did not understand this book at all during my sophomore year

During my sophomore year of high school I made my own pilgrimage through Dante’s Inferno (pun intended). Reading this book was the equivalent of reading  Holes backwards. Holes was one of my favorite books as a kid, COUGH COUGH young adult, but if I read it backwards I would have little idea of what was going on. Hopefully this simile allows you to understand my below average reading comprehension skills as a sophomore in high school.

However, my teacher helped me understand the Inferno enough for me to “drop” sayings like limbo in my Holy Cross blog. The saying refers to Dante who was in between different levels of hell as he journeyed through it. Although my “limbo” isn’t as poetic as Dante’s I feel like mine was worthy enough for a blog post.

Currently I’m in between Easter break and the end of school. After returning on Tuesday morning from Easter break, I was expecting to come back from any break I’ve had so far at Holy Cross and think that I had another 6-8 weeks before another break, or end of the semester. However, I only have one full week of classes left.

Although classes may end in a week, freshman year is far from over. With one final paper and 3 finals I most certainly have a busy finals week. So, yes it is definitely exciting that I only have one more week of classes and that Spring Weekend will be concluded with J Cole and the Far East Movement, it’s tough to have my eyes on the end of the year because of the amount work that still needs to be done.

So although I may not be doing the limbo at a summer luau, I am in limbo currently here at Holy Cross through feeling in between the end of my school year.