Say Hello to My Little Friend

December 7th, 2010 tjcull14

Last week I celebrated my first birthday away from home, which was very different. Last year I was accepted into Holy Cross on my birthday, so I knew this birthday would be a little less uneventful.

Until I got the Nerf guns.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Crusader

My neighbor back in Rhode Island works for Hasbro, who helps manufacture and sell Nerf products. So last week I was happily surprised when I found a birthday “parcel” waiting for me in the mail room. Once I retrieved my “parcel” from the mail room and brought it back to my room, I opened it and reacted not as enthusiastic as this kid, but kind of close…

One Nerf gun and one Super Soaker. Even though Super Soakers aren’t very dorm friendly, I still used it as a status symbol while walking around the halls of my dorm.

Although these “child’s play things” are fun to play with, they are a great stress reliever as finals are approaching. There is such a rewarding feeling of pulling the trigger of the orange and blue plastic gun and successfully pelting your target of a doorknob from across the room during any study break

In my Tik-Tok Turkey Day post, I talked about how I had alot of work to finish before the Thanksgiving Break. However now I have finals,  in all of my classes. Next week commences finals week, however many students have been given a final paper or project instead of a final in-class test. Personally, I would much rather write a paper instead of taking a test. I guess that’s my English major hormones taking over…

Duel-Wielding

Luckily for me (I think), I have 2 papers and 2 tests, all of which will take a good amount of my time because they are summation of everything the class has covered throughout the year. It is important for me to do well on these because they have a larger impact on my grade, as opposed to some high school finals that I have taken in the past. Thank goodness for my stress ball (AKA Nerf toys) that will help get me through finals week…