Home for the Holidays

December 17th, 2010 tjcull14

One of my all time favorites. Rudolph. "Herbie wants to be a dentist."

Finishing a week of finals is very bittersweet.

For instance, finishing a week’s worth of final papers and tests is very relieving especially after all the work that I put into all of my assignments.  Last week was very stressful for me especially because all my finals and papers were due earlier in the week as opposed to some students who had later finals. For my 4 classes, I had 2 papers and 2 tests to prepare for and during that span of studying, writing, and stressing. This song could properly display my mood during that span. I was in study mode and  needed quiet music to get me through the home stretch, with Christmas not really on my mind.

Once I finished my finals week, you could say that I felt like this. I guess the feeling made me want to dance around a piano with all my pals and my pooch. In all honesty though, finishing a hard stretch of work and being home for the holidays is phenomenal. Similarly to Buddy the Elf, I have a whole list of stuff I want to do written on my Etch-a-Sketch now that I’m home with so much time on my hands.

However leaving Holy Cross was the “bittersweet” of my earlier metaphor. Although school is out for the winter, I’m not going to see any of my pals for 5 weeks. 5 weeks! Sure being home is great, but Holy Cross has been my home for the past 4 months so it’s almost like the first day of college all over again when I had to say goodbye to everyone in my home town. I’m starting to feel like a nomad.

Despite the hole in my heart caused by my absence from Holy Cross for the next 5 weeks (I still can’t believe it’s 5 weeks) it is good to be home, especially with Christmas just 8 days away. And you all know what that means